Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bachin' It

My wife went out of town for a work-related class, which leaves me at home with the pets for thirty-six hours. We had originally planned for me to go with her, but no one would have been here to take care of our dog. In hindsight, this is probably for the best, since her room is directly across the hall from a game room with a Ms. Pac-man cabinet. Had I been with her for two full days, I most likely would have spent approximately the gross national product of Burkina Faso in quarters. Other than the previously-mentioned massive backlog of reading, little was left on my agenda for today and tomorrow. Well, aside from watching the semifinals of the UEFA European soccer championships.

I still have a problem with situations like this, though. When confronted with a schedule this open, I have a nasty tendency to do, well, absolutely nothing. The first gaming idea that comes to mind is to pop Baldur's Gate into the DVD drive on my laptop and pretend I just cast Time Stop. However, I then look at my game shelves and recall all the titles I have yet to finish. BioShock . . . Assassin's Creed . . . Invisible War . . . Corruption . . . the list goes on. Heck, I have even thought about tossing Lego Star Wars II into my 360. Never mind my back stock of fantasy novels or the temptation to just surf the Internet all night.

Of course, many gamers would kill to be in my position. I seek no pity; I just dread the indecision which swarms over me whenever I get a chance like this. Wish me luck!

No comments: