Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Clicking Finger Itches

With all the Diablo III hubbub flowing about the gaming community, I find myself craving the point-click-kill experience treadmill pioneered by the good folks at Blizzard -- sorry, Activision Blizzard. I was never really able to enjoy the original Diablo to its fullest, since my poor 100-MHz 486 machine ran the game way too slowly to be any fun. By the time I bought another computer, however, clock speeds were such that any attempt at playing the game resulted in near-instant death. I never played Diablo II, and I have no idea how my current computer would handle the software. However, it runs an even older game superbly. How much is that Battle Chest again?

On the other hand, I have a solution that does not tax my wallet in the slightest. A year or so ago, I picked up a $9.99 copy of Divine Divinity at Target, but I put the game away after a couple of play sessions. I enjoyed the game; it simply fell victim to the classic 'I have too many games to play at once' syndrome which befalls so many of my titles. I think I will dig that out of the basement and give the disc another whirl. At the very least, it buys me a few days before the itch overcomes me . . .

No comments: