Sunday, May 25, 2008

About Time, I Suppose

After two consecutive nights of not gaming due to fatigue and Unbeatable Banzuke, my wife and I finally got around to firing up Tomb Raider: Legend today. You heard that right -- my wife and I play games together. They are out there, folks; refuse to settle for less, and you will find what you seek. She tends to go for role-playing games, but the adventures of the esteemed Ms. Croft caught her attention.

My overall impressions of the game at halftime: my friend was right. While there are occasional camera issues, and I can tell now the game will be quite short, I have no regrets on my purchase. The gameplay makes me recall the saga of a particular parachute-panted member of Middle Eastern royalty . . . except this time the protagonist is an English supermodel in outfits which are more of a theoretical abstraction than actual clothing. The acrobatics, the chatter while wandering through the stage, the simple yet entertaining combat -- all I need now is a rewind button to avoid load screens and a wicked dagger.

To be honest, a short game might not be all that disadvantageous. I think I can enjoy multiple playthroughs, since the platforming makes me feel like a rock star. Also, I need games I can complete in a few evenings to counterbalance all the role-playing titles I have in progress at the moment.

Well, back to scouring the first couple of stages for the loot I missed. Have a good week; may your analog sticks always be calibrated.

No comments: