Friday, May 23, 2008

Weekend Hijinks Are GO!!!

I had a little free time this afternoon, and I also needed to hit up an auto shop for some oil for my beloved Saturn, Wayfarer. What -- you think my car's name is funny?!?

Anyway, I managed to find a new copy of Tomb Raider: Legend at a local GameStop while out and about town. Unbeknownst to me until now, the game had Lara Croft's name appended to the title -- I suppose to take advantage of the 'success' of the Angelina Jolie films. Since, you know, tons of folks buying the game would mistakenly associate Samus Aran or Chun Li with tomb raiding otherwise. Although, now that I think about it, action-adventure gameplay with Lili or Milla from Psychonauts would rock. Somebody get on that now; Phil demands it!

When I got home with my shiny new Xbox 360 disc, what do you think I did? Exactly what any red-blooded American guy would do -- I popped my copy of Neverwinter Nights into my computer and created a new character. Once I'm done typing this, I will finally take my new game for a spin.

Hold on . . . where did I put Tim Schafer's phone number . . .

No comments: