Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When the Government Gives You Cash . . .

Thanks to the good folks in Congress, we received our economic stimulus funds last week. Most of the money went into savings to cover our potential adoption expenses, but I received a decent portion for personal spending pleasure. My problem now is, what am I going to do with it? Simply put, I haven't really had this much spending money since before Christmas.

I know the answer most of the gaming populace would give, and I honestly have no real interest in Grand Theft Auto IV. For once, my lack of desire for the game is not a result of my inner compulsion to walk the road less traveled by. I have never really wanted to play any title in the series; I am simply too lawful good to get excited about mass criminal activity. This may sound rather self-contradictory, since my current characters in both Morrowind and Oblivion are members of the Thieves' Guild. However, I joined the factions in those games due to the Robin Hood nature they exhibited, and I get the feeling not a lot of that will occur in a GTA title.

Anyway, I spent forty bucks on a sourcebook for my (hopefully) upcoming role-playing campaign. Back around January, I contemplated purchasing one of the Tomb Raider games for my Xbox 360. I have never played a game in the series, and I heard good things from a friend whose opinion I trust about the new control scheme. However, actually finding a copy of either has been . . . problematic. Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments: