Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Definitely Not Canon

Remember that powerful scene from Final Fantasy VII where Cloud and company slid Sephiroth under an office desk to bury him alive? It seems that I do; I had a rather vivid dream about that very vignette between snooze presses this morning. To make the affair even more ludicrous, Sephiroth's head and feet poked out each side of the makeshift cairn. He and Cloud were also chatting as if they were roommates, and if I recall correctly, someone had shot Cloud in the head. While I have not yet watched the copy of Advent Children that I purchased, I have the feeling that this scene was left on the cutting room floor. I hope so, anyway.

After a run on Dr. Wily's fortress in Mega Man 2 this evening, my wife caught a glimpse of the new Animal Crossing game for the Wii. She was instantly hooked by the combination of aimlessness and goofy charm that made the original a sleeper hit. The new fish probably helped, too. We will most likely be picking up a copy at our next chance to visit a store which carries games.

I still have to get familiar with the new Xbox 360 interface. While mildly irritated that the console demanded I create an avatar upon logging into my Gamertag, I am trying to keep an open mind about the shameless apery . . . er, new experience. Upon posting this, I will head back into the mines; if nothing else, I keep forgetting to download the demo for Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Game well, and may your updates be rapid.

No comments: