Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Opportunity Missed

We went home for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I had meant to take home a game to play with my family. However, I forgot to pack my copy of Bohnanza, the most entertaining bean-growing card game simulation ever designed by man or beast. In case it does not shine through my usual ramblings, I deeply miss the weekly tabletop gaming excursion I had while a graduate student in Virginia.

Over the summer, I saw some footage of Street Fighter IV, and my soul hungered for the experiences I once had with the venerable fighting franchise. While I in no way, shape, form, or fashion claim to be an expert at two-dimensional fighting games (or, for that matter, any game in any genre), I have had a soft spot for Capcom's flagship brawler since I saw it in a bowling alley arcade as a teenager. That desire might lead me to take a stab at Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix in the near future. It has been a really long time since I guided Blanka across the battlefield . . .

Game well this week, and may your combos pave the way to victory.

No comments: