Sunday, November 2, 2008

It Took Long Enough . . .

For all my desire to play Too Human, I will finally take a shot at the game after I finish writing this. I have become temporarily frustrated by Half-Life 2, but my consternation is self-imposed. You see, the game offers an achievement for finishing the Ravenholm area without using a weapon other than the gravity gun. Were I willing to forgo that, I would have finished the chapter a couple of days ago. However, the additional challenge leaves my nerves in a state such that I can only tackle an encounter or two at a time due to the need to preserve my limited ammo (and my state of mind).

While visiting the mall today, I picked up a copy of Zack and Wiki, a nifty little adventure/puzzle game for the Wii -- from late last year. While the massive amount of tutorial information you get at the beginning gets old really quickly, tackling the title's goofy challenges is fun in an old-school Sierra/LucasArts kind of way. While nowhere near as awesome as Braid, which is still my leading candidate for game of the year, solving puzzles is always a blast. I also took a look at Star Trek Legacy for the Xbox 360, primarily due to a yearning induced by Star Trek Online. I held myself back from making a purchase, because I wanted to check out some reviews before sinking the cash. The numbers look respectable for the price, so I will probably take the plunge at some point in the future.

Additionally, I downloaded some trailers for Tomb Raider: Underworld. I almost activated one of my Live Gold cards just to get my hands on the demos for that and Mirror's Edge, but patience won out on that one. After my wife saw the videos, she told me that we would be buying the game once it hits retail. This sort of declaration is rare, to say the least.

Game well this week, and may your loot all be golden.

No comments: