Sunday, September 28, 2008

An Infusion of New Blood

Due to a beneficial convergence of circumstances (primarily my birthday), I was able to pick up a couple of new games this afternoon. I finally acquired a copy of Too Human, which will most likely trigger the use of my Xbox Live Gold membership cards. I also bought a discounted copy of The Orange Box, which stands as a gaming deal of Crazy Eddie proportions (five quality modern titles on a single disc). As is usual for a trip to the game store, I could easily have spent another couple of hundred dollars, but I suppressed my primal urges for the time being. I still have several important downloads to do . . .

At long last, Braid is within my reach. Additionally, there are a trio of games from the Mega Man series available on the Wii. I might eventually get back to BioShock, but it will be a while.

After my buying bonanza, I brought my shiny new Xbox 360 games through the door and promptly set them down as I fired up the Wii (what -- does this surprise you?). I finished Super Paper Mario tonight, but a review of the occasion will have to wait until tomorrow. An early morning awaits me, which does not fit well with a quality game recap here.

Game well in the week to come, and may your mushrooms not be zombies.

No comments: